Friday 2 May 2014

Strøget & Duty Free




So here are a couple of the things I bought whilst visiting Copenhagen! The cup is from Illums Bolighus which (incase you don't know) is basically just a big shop full of Danish design things and I could have spent all day in there (and all of my money) but I had to remind myself that I hadn't gone to Copenhagen to walk around one shop all day (and also remind myself of my budget)! I decided that I  needed this cup because:
a. it didn't have a handle and I love holding my cups with both hands and handles only hold me back
b. it was designed by a great Danish designer Arne Jacobsen
And also the description which comes with it explains how useful it is; 'Can be used for both cold and hot beverages, or as a vase'. So useful!

Another item that I bought (which was from Duty Free) was the Estēe Lauder Double Wear foundation. I've tried this foundation before and it's one of my favourites because the finish is not too matte but at the same time you aren't shining like a disco ball so it's suitable for both daytime and evening wear. Also- the coverage is so buildable which is good for when my skin is less than satisfactory! Anyway, I could rant on about this foundation forever because it's great but I won't bore you!

Finally I bought this gingham wool skirt from Topshop. I saw this when I was in the UK but only online and it had sold out in all of the UK stores and also online so I was heartbroken. But I decided to pop into Topshop on the last day to see if they had it and there it was- calling out to me from the front of the store. And it was 50% off which made it a bargain! It's a beautiful skirt however it doesn't have a lining so the inside is a bit itchy on your legs but it's worth it because it's perfect apart from that!
X

No comments:

Post a Comment