Tuesday 6 May 2014

Places to Eat & Drink: The Nordic Bakery


Whenever I'm in town I always have to go to the Nordic Bakery. They have three branches in London but I've only ever visited the Soho one as I always seem to be around that area when the fancy for a scandinavian cinnamon bun or a glass of saft blåbär has popped into my head. I am also a big fan of their oven-baked pancake which is literally the most delicious thing I have ever bought. My favourite thing about this place is the quite escape that it provides from London. I love the busyness of London but it's also refreshing to find little pockets like this which are far from the stuffy Starbucks- packed with chatty shoppers and with the stench of sickeningly sweet coffee syrups plaguing the air. In the Nordic Bakery- the scent of freshly baked goods linger in the air softly and cool light fills the space making it feel relaxing and there's something perfectly simple and 'nordic' about it. The coffee is also excellent and the prices are all very reasonable. All-in-all a wonderful place to pause for an hour or so and break up the day. 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment